Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Cafe Gratitude

The other night we went up to Berkeley to attend a sutra lecture by Rev. Heng Sure. It was a great lecture, and afterwards we looked for somewhere to eat. I had originally planned to visit Cha-Ya Japanese veggie restaurant, but by the time we got out it was closing down. So we drove down the road a bit and ran into Cafe Gratitude. It was a great dining 'experience'. Its a vegan restaurant, and all the menu items have names like "I am Happy", and "I am Thankful". Not only is it fun to place your order, "I am mahalo and I am refreshed.", but then when they bring out your food they say, "You are mahalo, you are refreshed". That in itself was worth the price of admission, but the food was good too! I was pretty hungry, and filled up on my delicious "live pizza" dish. If you're near one of their 3 locations, its worth checking out :)

No comments: