Monday, April 04, 2005

Greetings from Vancouver

Well I'm here in Vancouver for the Cisco Partner Summit, and what a beautiful city it is. I've been here once before, but didn't get to spend that much time in the city. I'm amazed at how clean everything is, and the view of the harbor and mountains is gorgeous. If only it weren't so cold and rainy here. I'm also surprised by the number of homeless around here. It must be really hard to be homeless in such cold and wet weather. But at least they all have free health insurance! I wish I had more time to go exploring and hit those mountains in North Vancouver!

One night we ate at Cin Cin, which is a very nice Italian restaurant on Robeson St. I had the Mushroom Risotto, which was pretty good, but probably not what they're best known for. They did have some really good wine though.

Last night we ate at Glowbal Grill which was a satay/grill type restaurant. I had their Halibut, stuffed with crab. That was okay. They actually had mushroom risotto here too, wonder if its the 'standard' veggie dish in Vancouver. :)

What has been a real treat are the "staff lunches" at the convention center. Usually all we get are some decent sandwiches, but here we've had some really great meals. Indian food complete with Chai and Lassi's to drink one day, Dim Sum another, and today mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, and soup. Even more amazing is that the staff lunches have been so veggie friendly! Yup I definitely like this town, its like the Canadian San Francisco. I'll have to come back again sometime when I have more time to be a tourist.

No comments: